NOTE: This feature is available to users of Velixo Reports 5 or later.
In this topic, you'll learn about:
- Configure a single sign-on connection
- Single sign-on with username and password only
- Easy configuration with an Acumatica customization package
- Import and publish a customization project
Configure a single sign-on connection
It's possible to configure Acumatica to support single sign-on with a variety of identity providers such as Google or Azure ActiveDirectory. It's also possible to setup two-factor authentication with these services, or with Acumatica directly.
If you enable Acumatica two-factor authentication, then you won't be able to login from Excel using only the Velixo username and password. Instead, you'll need to authenticate using a procedure that is much like other Internet services that permit you to login using your Azure or Google account.
Users of Acumatica 2019 R2 or later can configure external applications such as Velixo to work with single-sign-on.
Follow these steps to configure a connection to an Acumatica account that authenticates with single sign-on:
- Click the small key button in the Connection Manager popup window.
- A web browser popup window will appear and prompt you to login to Acumatica (if you're not already logged in).
- From the web page, you have access to every authentication mechanism supported by Acumatica to login: username/password, two-factor authentication, as well as any SSO service configured in Acumatica (as per the links you shared).
Single sign-on with username and password only
It's important to realize that it's possible to use single sign-on from Velixo with username and password only. Some companies might prefer the additional security this provides, since Velixo won't ever ask for your credentials and you'll only interact with a web browser.
If you have setup single sign-on in Acumatica, your login screen would look like the figure below, Notice the extra sign-in button, which in this case is for Azure ActiveDirectory.
NOTE: It's also possible to configure Acumatica to redirect to the external identity provider, in which case you would not see this page and go directly see the external identity provider authentication page.
Easy configuration with an Acumatica customization package
Inside Excel, we have programmed this feature to be as unobtrusive as possible. If you have not performed the necessary configuration for Velixo single sign-on—or if your Acumatica version does not support it—then you won't see the Connect with Single Sign-On button.
Velixo provides an Acumatica customization package to facilitate the process for system administrators.For more information on how to , see Installing the Acumatica customization package.