This feature requires Velixo Reports 5 or later
This feature is supported by Acumatica 2019R2 and later
System administrators can configure Acumatica to support single sign-on with a variety of identity providers, such as Google or Azure ActiveDirectory. It is also possible to set up two-factor authentication with these services, or with Acumatica directly.
In this topic, we'll look at:
- Configuring a single sign-on connection with Velixo Reports
- Single sign-on (SSO) with username and password only
- Easy configuration with an Acumatica customization package
- Importing and publishing the required customization project
Configuring a single sign-on connection with Velixo
Acumatica 2019 R2 (and newer) supports single sign-on with a variety of identity providers, as well as two-factor authentication with these services or with Acumatica directly.
If you enable Acumatica two-factor authentication, you will not be able to login from Excel using only the Velixo username and password. Instead, you'll need to authenticate using a procedure that is much like other Internet services which permit you to login using your Azure or Google account.
Users of Acumatica 2019 R2 or later can configure external applications such as Velixo Reports to work with single-sign-on.
Step by Step
Follow these steps to configure a connection to an Acumatica account that authenticates with single sign-on:
- Click the small key button in the Connection Manager popup window.
- A popup window will appear (with Velixo Reports 6 and higher, this will be in your default browser) and prompt you to sign in to Acumatica (if you are not already signed in).
- From the displayed web page, you have access to every authentication mechanism supported by Acumatica (e.g., username/password, two-factor authentication) as well as any single sign-on service that has been configured in Acumatica.
- In order for your browser to return you to Velixo Reports, you'll have to give permission for that to happen:
Note: To avoid having to click Open every time you log in through Velixo, you can check the "Always allow..." checkbox.
Under some conditions, your browser may not close the SSO Permissions window:
If this occurs and you click Yes, Allow a second time, a message will appear letting you know you can simply close the window and return to Velixo Reports.
Easy configuration with an Acumatica customization package
Inside Excel, we have programmed this feature to be as unobtrusive as possible. If you have not performed the necessary configuration for Velixo single sign-on (or your Acumatica version does not support it) then you won't see the Connect with Single Sign-On button.
Velixo provides an Acumatica customization package to facilitate the configuration process for system administrators. For more information on how to do this, see Installing the Acumatica customization package.
Note: the Velixo Reports Budget Writeback feature is not supported when connected to Acumatica using single sign-on