|❗ Velixo NX is still in preview — it lacks in functionality compared to our flagship, Windows-only product Velixo Reports, and may contain additional bugs. You can already try it out to see how your reports refresh on Mac and Excel Online; however, to enjoy a smoother ride and have the full feature-rich experience on Windows, continue using the Classic version of Velixo Reports.|
Version 0.7.60-gabfa16736a - June 22, 2021
- GI() function failed when invoked for the first time with a filter expression (#1060).
- GI() output did not trim string values as it does in Velixo Classic (#1062).
Version 0.7.41-ga60711bd30 - June 16, 2021
- More functions from Velixo Classic are now available:
- Generic Inquiry options are now available on the Options tab. You can set up refresh mode, key fields and the smart refresh field.
- A value for a different Velixo formula could incorrectly be returned into a cell when two or more Velixo formulas existed on the workbook with the same parameter values (#1057).
- Example: ACCOUNTNAME("Demo", "10100") and ACCOUNTCLASS("Demo", "10100"). The formula for account name could return the account class due to a caching key issue.
- Ledger subtraction in ACCOUNT...BALANCE and ACCOUNT...TURNOVER function did not work (#977)
- Blank values sometimes were showing up as "0" in GI() result (#1010)
- Drill-down could display incorrect ending balances under some circumstances (#1016)
- Excel Online with Internet Explorer 11 or Excel for Windows Desktop on older Windows versions:
- could display #N/A in various Velixo formulas (#1014)
- could display an "Object expected" error when GI() function was invoked more than once (#1020)
- Removing Velixo formulas did not work properly with formulas returning dynamic array values, such as EXPAND...RANGE (#1037)
- Drill-down now additionally groups data by source cell (#1022).
Version 0.5.88-g21148d1d85 - May 6, 2021
- We are excited to announce that the current release brings the basic support for the GI function!
- ❗ Note It has a number of limitations for now:
- More functions from Velixo Classic are also available:
- Multiple cold start-up performance improvements and reduced memory footprint (#776, #788).
- Better calculation speed when there are multiple functions with identical arguments in the workbook (#765).
- It was impossible to click on a support link in connection validation bubbles that appeared when hovering over a connection validation icon (#751, #910).
- Fixed incorrect naming of the AsOf function argument in ACCOUNTBEGINNINGBALANCE and ACCOUNTENDINGBALANCE: the erroneous name was AsOfPeriod, however the functions also support date values (#914).
- #N/A error when one specified more than one branch in an account balance calculation (#874)
- The list of missing inquiries may contain duplicate inquiry names (#912)
Version 0.4.88-g246a50920f - April 16, 2021
- Entering incorrect connection credentials once leads to the add-in continuously returning the "unauthorized" error, even if the user enters the correct credentials afterwards. (#810)
Version 0.4.85-g30d0ccd458 - April 13, 2021
- Add-in performance was improved in case multiple cells returned a "[...] does not exist" error.
- Occasionally, the add-in could take a very long time (over a minute) to start up on large files.
Version 0.4.72 - April 9, 2021
- Fixed a potential slow-down due to massive logging of a "connection credentials missing" error when the file contains a lot of Velixo functions and the user has not yet specified the credentials, or cleared the cache.
Version 0.4.70 - March 29, 2021
- More functions from Velixo Classic are now available:
- Velixo NX now supports parallel loading from multiple ledgers/years at once. If you use consolidated reports across multiple ledgers and financial years, you should see some serious speed-ups!
- Performing a drill-down on a formula which includes unposted GL balances, for convenience will now include the post status column for every history record.
- Significantly improved the caching performance.
- If the necessary Acumatica generic inquiries are missing in the connection tenant, Velixo NX will now list the missing inquiry names.
- The From/To Period in drilldown results will now correctly handle cases where the most recent GL activity occurred in an earlier period than the one specified in the formula.
- The drill-down worksheet could contain amounts with a wrong balance sign when Account Balance Sign option was set to Reverse.
Version 0.3.460 - March 25, 2021
- Drill-down could produce an empty result for a cell which contained an aggregate formula like SUM(), or depends on such a cell, directly or indirectly.
Version 0.3.452 - March 22, 2021
- Drill-down could include GL history records from unrelated cells.
Version 0.3.449 - March 19, 2021
- The refresh performance was significantly improved (up to 33%) on files containing a lot of Excel functions (mitigated a slow-down caused by unnecessarily frequent re-renders of the Analysis tab).
Version 0.3.444 - March 16, 2021
- The reference list of active Velixo functions on the Analysis tab could be rendered incorrectly (missing or duplicate function entries).
Version 0.3.442 - March 11, 2021
- Smart Refresh could count GL transactions multiple times, producing an incorrect balance. The bug affected Velixo NX on the following platforms:
- Excel Desktop for Mac
- Excel Desktop for Windows
- Safari browser
- Internet Explorer 11
- Smart Refresh did not request the new / updated data from Acumatica unless the user reloaded the page.
Version 0.3.422 - March 5, 2021
- You can now right-click directly on a cell and select the Drilldown option from the context menu.
Version 0.3.421 - March 1, 2021
- The add-in could not be used on an old, pre-Chromium version of Microsoft Edge (Legacy) v. 44.
Version 0.3.419 - February 26, 2021
- Financial reporting by date could return an incorrect balance or turnover when there were transactions posted to a date outside of the financial period boundaries (e.g. a transaction with a date of December 25, 2020 posted to a 11-2020 period corresponding to November).
- Some users could not connect to Acumatica because of a missing inquiry.
Version 0.3.405 - February 17, 2021
- Provisional reporting of unposted account balances could return an incorrect balance or turnover when no posted balance existed for a given ledger / year combination.
Version 0.3.392 - February 10, 2021
- On large General Ledger datasets (>50000 GLHistory rows for a given combination of ledger and financial year), the add-in could be force-restarted by Microsoft Excel due to a long processing operation.
Version 0.3 - January 26, 2021
- General Ledger balances drilldown has arrived - it works just the same as in Velixo Classic!
- The activation logic differs ever so slightly: highlight a cell containing (or deriving from) a Velixo account balance formula, then, in the add-in's taskpane, open Analysis tab ➡ Drilldown button.
- Single sign-on (SSO) with Acumatica is now supported!
- You can log in using SSO by clicking on the small key (🔑) button when editing an Acumatica connection. The button becomes active if your Acumatica website has the most recent version of Velixo customization installed.
- Removing Velixo formulas. You may now remove any Velixo formulas, or even all formulas completely, from the workbook you're working on.
- This functionality will come in handy when someone not having access to ERP connection wants to view the report. To do so, go to Options ➡ Remove formulas from the current workbook.
- Important warning: the logic is significantly different from Velixo Classic: due to a limitation in the modern add-in framework, we cannot create a new workbook for you, so this operation will irrevocably affect the current file. Make sure you have saved a copy before using this operation!
- Forgetting all connection credentials under Options -> Security drop-down.
- You are able to remove the stored credentials for the connections in just the current file, or in all files altogether.
- Information about currently calculating Velixo functions and active ERP requests is now available under the Analysis tab.
- Provisional GL reporting for Acumatica was ported from Velixo Classic.
- All GL balance functions (such as beginning balance, ending balance, and turnover) have received the IncludeUnposted parameter, allowing you to optionally include the relevant unposted transactions into the calculation.
- Connection list validation cues.
- If an ERP connection has problems such as missing credentials or an expired license, you will see a warning icon (⚠).
- If you hover the cursor over the icon, you'll be able to receive information on the error or warning, and guidance about the necessary actions.
- The usernames for your connections will now be encrypted just like the passwords were previously, for additional security.
- Connection editor dialog will now display more informative error messages about why the connection could not be established.
- Better Velixo session management: unless you use the add-in very rarely, you should stop seeing the "your session has expired, please log in again" error messages.
- On rare occasions, the connections and workbook options saved in the file could disappear.
- Until you reloaded the page, the Refresh button could sometimes use the cached function results instead of actually performing a refresh.
- Connections and workbook options you added to new files created with Velixo NX would not show up in Velixo Classic.
- Connections from files edited in old Velixo Classic versions (version 4 and lower) would not show up in Velixo NX.
- Velixo NX taskpane would show unnecessarily when Refresh data when opening the file option was checked.
🐛 Known issues
- On medium-to-large files, the desktop version of Microsoft Excel for Windows may sometimes restart the add-in due to unresponsiveness during a refresh.
- To remedy this issue, we have prioritized offloading any heavy function computations to the background in an upcoming release.
- As a workaround, please use Velixo Classic when working in the desktop version of Microsoft Excel for Windows.
⏳ What's cooking
Here's our priorities for the upcoming releases of Velixo:
- Porting of the Generic Inquiry functions and GI Options from Velixo Classic.
- Improving the performance and responsiveness of the add-in's user interface.
Version 0.2 – November 19, 2020
- Supported three new functions from Velixo Classic: FINANCIALPERIOD, FINANCIALPERIODSTARTDATE, and FINANCIALPERIODENDDATE.
- Added help URLs to Acumatica functions.
- The Acumatica instance URL that you paste into the connection editor will now have any unnecessary postfixes and whitespace automatically removed.
- To prevent errors, the connection editor will not allow you to click Connect unless all required fields are entered: connection name, tenant, URL, username, and password.
- Error message on the introduction / login screen remained even after re-loading the add-in.
- Acumatica connections were not imported from Velixo Classic.
🐛 Known issues
- If you have both Velixo Classic and Velixo NX installed, if you add a connection in Velixo NX first, this connection will not appear in Velixo Classic after you open the same file. (On the other hand, connections created in Velixo Classic will still properly sync up to Velixo NX).
- Refreshing your data may feel slower on Excel Windows and Mac than on the Web. The current versions of Internet Explorer and Safari, which are used by Excel under the hood to display the add-in, do not support fast database indices. For especially large files, the current work-around on Windows is to use Velixo Classic instead.
⏳ What's cooking
Working hard to support:
- General Ledger functions drilldown.
- Single Sign-On with Acumatica.
Version 0.1 – October 2020
🔥 Initial release with a set of basic General Ledger Acumatica functions.